IntroductionSo, you want to install and use Kdenlive on M$ Windows, but don't want to do all that crazy Live-CD sh*t (probably because that's not technically doing it in Windows)?
Well, you've come to the right place (website, whatever)!
This guide will show you how to install Kdenlive inside Microsoft Windows, by using Cygwin, Cygwin/X and Cygwin Ports.
This guide assumes you know your way around a command prompt/terminal window. If you don't, turn back now!
2. Open up a command prompt and navigate to the folder where setup.exe is.
3. Run setup.exe -X -K http://cygwinports.org/ports.gpg.
4. Accept the default options until you get to this screen. Choose the download site closest to you. If you don’t know, just pick a random one. Do not press Next! Enter ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports in the User URL box and press Add.
5. Now press Next, and wait for the files to download. This could take a while.
6. Type kde into the search bar and click the Skip text next to kde-runtime, kde-workspace and kdenlive.
7. Type xorg-server into the search bar and click the Skip text next to xorg-server.
8. Type xinit into the search bar and click the Skip text next to xinit.
9. Click Next a couple of times, accepting the defaults, and wait for the files to download and install. This will likely take quite a while.
10. Once it’s finished you should be (almost) good to go!
11. Open up Cygwin and type in echo exec startkde>~/.xinitrc.
12. Type in startx.
13. Hopefully, KDE should start booting! Once it finishes, you should be able to launch Kdenlive through the menu!